Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
Training Course in India
Commercial Pilot License (CPL) is a pilot license that allows a person to act as a pilot of an aircraft.It is a license provided by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) which is the regulatory body for civil aviation, for students to act as a pilot, command any aircraft and get paid for it. A Commercial pilot License contains a pilot’s rating and the type of aircraft that pilot can fly listed on the license, to obtain and use the license a valid medical certificate and valid rating will be required to use.
Commercial Pilot Training
To become a licensed commercial pilot students must enroll in a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) training course which is a civil aviation course that allows a student to obtain & become a licensed pilot and fly aircraft. A commercial pilot training course in India is offered at various commercial pilot training institutes & schools. In the process to grab a spot as a CPL training course student, one has to give entrance exams or can even get admission based on merit. The benefits of enrolling in a CPL training course and obtaining a CPL license opens a number of opportunities for students. A student with a CPL license can fly single & multi-engine aircraft. CPL training course includes general flying, aircraft testing & skill tests as per the regulatory body DGCA.
1. The course duration of a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) is about 8-10 months.
2. The minimum age to enroll for the Commercial Pilot course is 17 years.
3. On obtaining a CPL pilots are paid handsomely with a starting salary of 1.5 Lakh per month.
4. Job opportunities for a CPL holder exist both in the private & government sectors.
5. There is not one but multiple job profiles for a CPL holder.
Mandatory Requirements for pursing Commercial Pilot
Completed 10+2, with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board/university or its equivalent examination. Diploma courses equivalent to 10+2 with physics and mathematics are also eligible. Incase your educational background is from other streams for e.g. - Commerce, Arts, etc. you will have to appear for physics and mathematics separately from recognized open schools such as NIOS "National institute of Open Schooling"
Proficiency in English Language : You should be able to understand, read and write English to pursue your CPL course.
Class II Medical (Indian) with fitness certificate from DGCA designated medical practitioner.
Min of 17 years on date of joining Maverick Aviation and minimum of 18 years for issue of CPL.
Commercial Pilot License Admission procedure:
1. Candidate has to successfully complete his class 2 medical examination from a DGCA approved medical examiner to know if the candidate is medically FIT to become a pilot.
2. Do registration over email.
3. Provide the details once initially enquiry and admission is confirmed
Commercial Pilot License career opportunities:
A Commercial Pilot License holder has plenty of skyrocketing opportunities considering the ever increasing growth of Indian Airlines.
1. Candidates with a Commercial Pilot License are recruited by leading airlines like Air India, Indigo, Vistara, Spice Jet, Go Air, Air Asia India and more.
2. CPL candidates are hired for reputed job profiles like Co-pilot, Captain, Chief Officer, Chief Pilot, Commercial Pilot, Commuter Pilot, Airline Pilot and more.
Commencement of Training:
CPL training comprises two elements, theoretical knowledge and flight training. Let’s look at each one of them in more detail
Course Duration: 3-4 months
At Maverick Aviation we specialize in CPL Ground Training and have an expectational performance record over the years towards DGCA CPL exams.
Our highly trained and committed staff ensure that the environment and content of our courses exceed the expectations of our students.
Comprehensive study material and Questions Sets are provided to each student. Tests are conducted throughout the term to gear them up for the challenging DGCA & Airline Examinations.
We use industry leading CBT (Computer Based Training) Programs with detailed Audio-Visual Guidance that makes lectures more interactive and concepts easy to understand.
All candidates get lifetime access to the MAVERICK VAULT-Our very own Online Library for all your exams needs. We have a collection of over 150+ hand picked Books, Flight Trainers, Q-Banks and CBTs on various topics related to aviation available at your fingertips.
Lifetime access to THE MAVERICK ACADEMY SERVER where you can interact, ask doubts, learn and even socialize with like minded individuals, mentors and pilots.
Ground Subjects for DGCA CPL exams
In order to get a CPL License it is mandatory for every candidate to clear the DGCA CPL exams. These Exams are conducted every 3 months by the DGCA which means you have 4 attempts in a year.
The candidate has to prepare the following subjects: